Sunday, May 11, 2008

THE EAST AFRICA COMMUNITY TO E.A FEDERATION!-my view!


Thanks guys for the nice few comments you gave on the topic ''THE EAST AFRICA COMMUNITY TO FEDERATION!''. I didn't want to give my view before hearing your view.

HERE IS WHAT I THINK!

Firstly the idea of E.A Federation is a great thing, socially, economically without forgetting politically. It shows how much our E.African leaders are united in promoting what we may call an African unity. But still there something that worries me! Its about the youth of the East Africa! What is my point in here? What I say is that we shouldn't move in such great pace, because we may forget to look what we see as small things/issues but they may cause a great damage in the future. On my follow up I got about the E.A Community youth council, what we should ask is how many youths in this East African countries know about it, what are its functions? How are the members elected? That isn't the point, but the point is the E.A Community shouldn't forget the voice of youths, because if these determine the future of the region, if they wont understand properly the advantages of the community or the federation I'm telling you it wont take long, it will change to history. The youth need to be aware of this federation topic, the youth council{if it real exists, and if it has got real serious youths} must play a big part in this.
Secondly, there is the issue of national unity. As one reader gave a comment ''the big problem of East Africa is and will be-we have more than 200 tribes that we can't control''. The North Uganda problem has to solved, the Kenya tribalism has to be solved, the Zanzibar CUF-CCM has to solved too, then we can talk about a FEDERATION! A HAPPY FEDERATION MUST BE BUILT BY HAPPY MEMBERS!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steve,
I have become a full member of you blog and now I am understanding that youre' doing the right thing.
I will wish to see you one-day or anyday in those levels of making good and sound judgments. I mean- do as what you have been preaching- walk the talk.
But , also remember to do something for others, the young ones who are still in primary schools, and we who are on top will try carry you a top.
Thanks, keep writing when you have time and I am sure the more you keep writing the more English you will improve and on best the more youth ideas we will keep reading.
Let us know if you will need something to keep your blog open.
This time I will leave by saying youre doing ok and dont get afraid of other peoples opinions, lets work togetther for the coommon good.The East Africa federation is good for the best in overall.But the few who know that but are still having the best shorts in their countries feed us this fears that we can react to any changes.
Remember it was there, when in 1963 Nyerere has only 90 (Ninenty) degree Tanzanian holders and Ugandans nor Kenya did not take our country. But now we have thousands of educated Tanzanian folks and look what the fear we have now.Its the game of the few who know everything and whom dont want others to cherrish the best. But as I said earlier feed them negative and fear.

Who should be blamed for the economical backward of African countries?

Do u real think we will escape GLOBAL WARMING?