Friday, March 14, 2008

UNITED NATIONS!!TOO NEAR OR TOO FAR FROM THE YOUTHS!


It’s where I am much interested in. I mean it's the only job in the world where I can sign a 'life-time' job. The United Nations Organization is the place where I keep my effort to reach, because i see it has much influence in the world. I don't know if much work has been done to bring it closer to the youths especially Africa, I like to say it clear that even the future of the United Nations power and influence lies in the hands of the present youths in the world. Therefore there is much work and funding to educate the youths about the importance of the United Nations in our present and future life. Why do I say that?
If you are youth and even if you aren't one, try to bring the topic about the United Nations in school, work or anywhere with people to comment, i bet it more than 60% will say there is nothing much than certain countries who control everything in the UN. I say this because I've been in it too much. People don't trust the UN, and it's not them to be blamed much but I argue the United Nation to educate people. I'm glad that on my own effort I tried hard to know the United Nation that on my own I was able to establish a UN Youth Club at my school, but ask me what support do I get? Its nothing, there is a country network but honestly speaking I am not sure if they do anything to spread the UN among the youths of our country to deserve praises.

I feel lucky that I know the importance of the UN, but its hurting me when i think about my other fellows, there is the 'WORLD YOUTH REPORT' latest published in 2007, it has very important issues for the youths to know but i tell you it may be 1 youth in 5000 who even heard of it in my country.. And the bad thing is that we have youth delegates to the United Nations youth summits which takes place yearly at the UN Headquarters in New York, I call it bad because there is nothing that they do to spread what they discussed or even introduce the United Nations to Youth of our country.
I finish by emphasizing, THE FUTURE OF OUR COUNTRIES, OUR PLANET,OUR PEACE LIES IN THE HANDS OF THE YOUTHS!
NB; I want to hear from you! Thanks!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, thanks, you are real serious in what you talk about..
jackson, kenya

Anonymous said...

Ok, fine.
Can you come up with anything that you – ”yourself” did last year or three years back to other youths? Its nonsense to sit here and write many blames about something while you yourself has done nothing to others. Stop bickering and do something.
Go to the nearby primary schools and teach the younger generation Math’s, English and Science Subjects for free or organize a group of 6 students and go help/ ask to clean the Arusha City council or Municipal sewerage system during weekends, or during visiting days or school disco Days.
Try to arrange meetings with the Headmaster of your secondary school on ways that will keep the school in solving problems that are either one sided. Let’s say improve the behavior of a certain teacher who go around and sleep with young age secondary school girls. If you can’t yourself do that why are you asking others to do that for you?
It’s not a UN problem it is your problem, my problem let’s try to solve it.
Don’t try to write articles that will help you go outside of the country. You are and will technically go outside the country but start to do a little help to others. Barack Obama did not go straight to work for big companies after colleges; he worked with poor families in south side of Chicago and understood exactly what their problem was.
You seem to be one of him and I will advise you to start doing something while writing at the blog of what you did and you’re doing now and then keep questioning others.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Stev I do not agree with you when you said that no a lot of young people know about UN in Tanzania, that is not true because it is a "generalization" which you need to back it up with facts than just "assumming", a good politician will give facts but in the "real world" it does not work that way. Younf people who really get the news whether about the UN or about what is going on in their own country such as Tanzania; they really do not know even when ask them if they know who is their vice president or who is the priminister of Education etc, and trust me there are so many reasons to why the young generation are not interested about know or expanding thier knowledge, it can be because they have given up since their own country are not including them in any of the ativities so to speak or may be because they are too selfish to think about "change". In short, it varies accord to an individual. And one last advise to you stec which I agree with anonymous wa may9 when he/she advised to actually influence/ impact people by doing something, and should not only be physical things/ activities but it can also be just by having organisation which I know you have in your school but you can outside school or even going to radio stations/ television stations and then also helping around like that anonymous said now you can both physically and not physically. You have said in one of your entry that you want to be the "change" in the youth so how can you do that if you have not yet started to be known how you have done whether in past or future???.

Tz Youth Activist.

Anonymous said...

The United Nations is really not all glitz and glamour. As a young girl once I also wanted to change the world through the United Nations. Worked there for long enough to realise your best chances for change are not in a bureaucratic place like the United Nations. Im not saying its impossible, but I wouldnt put all my eggs in that basket if I were you

Anonymous said...

I do agree with all the bloggers in this site that you got to start f4rom a lower lever to something.
The only thing Stev is doing is blame and blame which is not actually helping but adding a problem to a problem.
start mobilizing those Ilborians and the surrounding community first.
All the best in your blaming.
A friend.

Anonymous said...

hey thanks guys from your comments i learn something new everyday, i appreciate..

TeknoKona Group LTD said...

Honestly i'm doin somethng 4z youth, i'm debate club vice chairperson n the founder and chairperson of the ILBORU UN-YOUTH CLUB..stev

Who should be blamed for the economical backward of African countries?

Do u real think we will escape GLOBAL WARMING?