Tuesday, December 11, 2007

WILL WE WIN THE BATTLE AGAINST H.I.V AIDS?

Every 17 seconds a girl is raped in South Africa. That is what I heard from Aljazeera News English, something like early December. It's an astonishing thing. If this wont be taken seriously i'm not sure if we will accomplish what we are calling an H.I.V free Africa. We should understand this means more than 5000 galz are raped each day and if we look properly at the ratio of H.I.V infection in SA it means more than 180ppl are affected each day now multiply that number by 365, the numbers are astonishing.! Something must be done, according to Aljazeera there are no tight laws against raping. Laws, very tight laws. The government must show its real serious when it comes to such matters. And in social point of view the society must understand the importance of good treaty to raped victims, its time to think even for a second what would you feel if you were in her shoe. Education to the people must be given priority, this will help to remove the evil beliefs such as raping a young girl/child can help to cure H.I.V. Leaders at different levels should participate in campaigns against H.I.V, from tribal leaders, community leaders, religious leaders to government leaders. I believe if youth will be given the first priority in matters concerning H.I.V AIDS them the battle will be ours. We will win. I believe an H.I.V free population can be created!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First Stev I have to congratulate you for creating this blog, which shows how US-the youth of this 21st century are waking up and you be the first youth to wake-up, so continue educating and making other youth like us to wake up too. Now, talking about HIV/AIDS, I agree with you when you said we tribal to government leaders should educate thier community, but also we cannot only leave everything to people who are our leaders, we as citizen we should do something as former President of USA Lincoln" Do not ask what your country can do for you but what can you do for your country".

TZ Youth Activist

Who should be blamed for the economical backward of African countries?

Do u real think we will escape GLOBAL WARMING?